Sunday, January 11, 2009
Palatal Expanders
This week Melissa went to the orthodontist. Her baby teeth were so tight and perfect and now that her permanent teeth are coming in, there is no room. So she had Palatal Expanders put in for her top and bottom jaw. The nice thing is that I don't have to turn a screw on them each day. They make them with springs in them that are constantly pushing. Right after they were put on, she wouldn't talk. They told her to read a book outloud to me that night so she'd be able to talk at school the next day. She had a hard time talking that day!! It was so sad when it came time to eat. She had a hard time swallowing, and she was in a lot of pain. She just sat at the table and cried. I mashed up her food and had her swallow without chewing. She's had them on for a couple of days now and thank goodness she is getting better!! I thought it was going to be a long year.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry that she has been in so much pain. I am sure that she will get used to it, eventually!
I feel so bad for her! I just went to the orthodontist today for my braces and am not enjoying life much today! Her and I will have to get together for milkshakes that we can just pour in our mouths and requires no chewing! Good luck!
Post a Comment