Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fish Rodeo

For our "Fiesta Days" Celebrations, they started the week off with a Fish Rodeo.
I thought Cameron would do it, but I was very surprised when Melissa wanted to as well. They went with their neighborhood friends (The Marshalls and The Bartons).

Here's Cameron trying to catch his fish (green shirt).


Here's Melissa trying to catch hers with a net.



Melissa looking at hers in the net.



They each finally caught a fish!!!



They each caught a winning fish. So they were rewarded with $10.00 each.
Talk about a "Great Catch"!



The neighborhood kids with their fish.


I was a little nervous about them catching fish. I didn't know what I would do with them! We decided the plan would be to put them in the bathtub until dad came home. After they caught their fish, I sat on the grass with their bags while they played on a few rides. When they came back, Cameron accidentally leaned back with his hand on top of the head of Melissa's fish. It died. Then a few minutes later his fish died. Obviously they weren't going to last long in those bags. O-well. We gave them to our neighbors who cooked them up that night and ate them. Melissa and Cameron weren't too sad, because they went home $10.00 richer!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mom I loved catching fish at the fish rodeo!!! And I was so excited to get the $10.00 dollar bill!!!